The other day, my wife and I were bantering as we drove down the road. I forget the topic – darn! But somehow we got onto geek levels. You know, geek banter is the best.
On a 1 to 10 scale, I figured my wife is a level 5 geek. She’s got geek in her, but she doesn’t flaunt it as a badge. For myself, I calculated that I’m a level 7 geek. I don’t know how to measure really, do you? But I thought I’m a higher level than my wife. Of course, right?
Then my wife said only a geek would make levels out of being a geek. I was proud! 😉
Anyways, on a related note, and with one of my attempts at humor, I came up with this list of geek signs. For amusement. Enjoy!
15 Signs You Might Be A Geek
- You played with Lego as a kid.
- You’re an adult. And you still play with Lego.
- You know Han shot first. There is no debate. Because Han.
- You’ve written the studio more than once to: Bring. Back. Firefly.
- You are not a gamer because you game. You game because you are a gamer.
- The Marvel/DC war is over. You won! Others will catch up eventually.
- Pokemon: you’ve caught them all. At least five times.
- Cosplay has become more like work than play. And you still don’t get paid.
- You built a 1:10 scale model replica of the Starship Enterprise. And it flies.
- You’re the one on ebay collecting copies of E.T. the Atari game. And you know where the landfill is.
- Your personality just makes sense when you combine houses: Ravenpuff, Huffledor, etc.
- You know what year we were supposed to get hoverboards and power laces.
- Your primary care physician is Dr. Who. Because why not?
- You believe in miracle pills. Because it worked on Westley! You don’t think R.O.U.S.es exist – “wink.” And “As You Wish” is in your wedding vows. Because Twue Wuv!
Bonus: You know what the heck a gigawatt is and how many are needed to get the flux capacitor fluxing!
Feel free to amend the list in the comments. Or contact me. Love hearing from you!